Tuesday, April 27, 2010

From Written Journal

Original Date: 2-20-10


We went to Matanza's last wednesday, well.. let me rephrase that. The Class went to Matanza's. and I went to Matanza's. I missed the bus by literally seconds. I tried to call Taryn about a couple times between 1:45-2. But she didnt answer. Edit: Taryn dropped the class the week before.
Either way, I was walking to the bus and it drove away. No biggie I thought, until I realized that the other bus sitting in the lot was NOT my classes. I walked around campus, walked to the classroom, drove to the gravel lot and then decided to drive to FTM Beach myself. It took about 55 min to get there because traffic was so bad. However, once I arrived the bus driver informed me that they had only been there for a few minutes.

I walked inside an old style home that was original to the site. It was really cool seeing a house that has survived such powerful hurricanes. A simple, wooden design capable of being opened up and dried out after storms. Brilliant.

We learned a lot about the beach and the bay. Mostly about the wildife, living styles, and commercial uses of the island during earlier times.

All in all, I had a fun experience and I thought it was a good day of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment